Coda File System

Re: Codasrv keeps crashing

From: M.Kondrin <mkondrin_at_hppi.troitsk.ru>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 02:38:28 +0300
Hello!
Markus Wiesecke wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I am running the codaserver for my workgroup. Since we hat some
> hardwareproblems with the server which required coping (the vicep? were
> copied with cp -a, the RVM-Data with dd, RVM-Log remained where it was,
> the server.conf is of course updated) the volumes to a new disk the
> server keeps crashing if a user tries to write on a special volume (the
> 7f000044-volume, see below). Other volumes seem to be fine. By the
> opportunity with the server downtime I also updated the server from
> version 6.0.5 to 6.0.14.

IMHO this is not the best way to move coda to the new server. I would
better dump volumes into backup files and later restore them on new site
(cfs clone ..., cfs dump ..., cfs restore ...). As cfs restore creates
readonly volume then you will need to mount this volume and copy the
files from it to new read-write volume. If your old host still working I
would suggest you try this way.
As rvm's version changed too between coda 6.0.5 and 6.0.14 it is not
garanteed that RVM-data file remains compatible with coda 6.0.14. BTW
did you upgrade all the libs coda depends on (rvm, lwp, rpc2)?
Good luck!
M.Kondrin