Coda File System

Re: Is coda right for me?

From: Martin Ginkel <martin_ginkel_at_web.de>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 15:05:08 +0200
Michael Heinrich wrote:
> I'm looking for a network filesystem. Does coda fulfil the following
> requirements:
>   - The client (linux x86) should be able to suspend to disk (swsusp2)
>     or to ram

Coda survives suspend(|2) successfully on my laptop, no problem

>   - The client should work after reconfiguring the network, e.g. I want
>     to use the coda-client on my laptop at home via ethernet and then
>     via VPN over ISDN or WLAN or ... without leaving the coda-directory.

Well, venus doesn't stop after network reconfiguration, although the
current connection is lost and reset, as well as any running transfers.
But since loosing the connection has nothing to do with the availability
of the cached filesystem, it is usually also no problem.

	HTH
	Martin

--
+-[Martin Ginkel]-------------[mailto:mginkel(at)mpi-magdeburg.mpg.de]-+
| MPI Magdeburg, Zi S2.09    Sandtorstr. 1, D-39106 Magdeburg, Germany |