Coda File System

spec files, CVS

From: Jerry Amundson <jerry_at_pbs.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 22:33:20 -0500
I now see changes in CVS relating to rpm .spec files...
Jan Harkes [Fri, 7 Apr 2006 17:14:51 +0000]
 Fix packaging files.
 Removed cross-compilation spec files
 Tried to make rpc2.spec independent of configure.
Jan Harkes [Tue, 11 Apr 2006 19:58:07 +0000]
 We do still need to generate rpc2.spec
 Only configure actually knows what the RPC2 library version number
 is going to be. But we can include a pre-built one in the distributed
 source tarball.

Is this going to be the direction for the lwp, rvm, and coda modules too?
My reason for asking is I've been working on spec file changes for all four,
not realizing until today that CVS commits have been done. I'm adding fairly
involved changes for requirements, and feel that I'll be trying to hit a
moving target by continuing. (I'll subscribe to "changelog" to prevent this
in the future...)

Regarding independence from configure, I think this should be taken a step
further - have bootstrap.sh edit the spec file in the top of the source tree
(or move it there), and not under pkgs/tools. This is where "rpmbuild -ta"
expects it to "rpm directly from tarball", and has the benefit of removing
the need of the src.rpm.

Let me know so I can submit my changes, or hold off and work with what I
have.

Thanks,
jerry