Coda File System

Re: Application-Specific Resolution

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_medic.chalmers.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 13:09:43 +0200
Hi Adam,

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 02:27:39AM -0400, Adam Wolbach wrote:
> local/global varieties. The Linux ASR framework has been completed and
> is working in an experimental branch in the git repository. Over the

that sounds good.

> applications to write resolvers for. For example, I have already
> implemented an ASR that automatically merges diverging copies of
> OpenOffice v1/2 documents and spreadsheets. What other applications
> (ideally Linux or Windows) cause the biggest headaches for Coda users?

bash, updating .bash_history

If you have xterm windows connected to different hosts with the same home
directory on Coda, and close a couple of them faster than the reintegration
delay (almost unavoidable when you log out), you end up with a conflict.
Really annoying.

Regards,
--
Ivan