Coda File System

Codafilesystem crashes after parallel write access to different Files

From: Marcel Kossin <kossin_at_globalpark.de>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 18:09:15 +0200
Hello Codausers,

If I create many small (about 50KB) different files on a Codafilesystem in the
same Directory in parallel the Codaserver won't respond anymore after writing
4 or 5 files.

While the Server still seems to be running the Clients aren't able to access
the Coda-Filesystem. I can reproduce this behaviour with Version 6.0.14 on a
2.6.11.4-21.11-smp Kernel (SuSE Linux 9.3).

Reading many of those files in parallel is no problem. Writing those files one
after another is no problem either. Is there a known limitation about such a
problem?

I would be glad about every hint or URL on how to troubleshoot this problem,
since there are no Errormessages in the Server-Logfile. Not even with highest
Debugginglevel.

Thank you in advance

Marcel