Coda File System

Re: Codafilesystem crashes after parallel write access to different Files

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 10:26:29 -0400
On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 06:04:55PM +0200, Marcel Kossin wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 27. April 2006 22:12 schrieb Jan Harkes:
> > In any case, run 'codacon', it will show a lot of more transient
> > messages that are not logged to logfiles which will be helpful in
> > determining what the client is doing.
>
> Unfortunately codacon only shows bandwidth- and BackProbe-Messages after this
> error occurs.

That would indicate that something might have gone wrong on the servers,
we only see bandwidth estimate updates when there is network traffic.
Maybe they are a result of the backprobes, but maybe the servers are
sending back 'busy' responses.

> If a developer is interested I would be glad to send my script and
> instructions on usage, since I can reliable reproduce this error with this
> script on my machines.

Sure, send it to me, if I can reproduce the problem I should be able to
figure out what is going wrong.