Coda File System

Re: rpc2-2.0

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 19:36:45 -0400
On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 03:45:24PM -0500, Jerry Amundson wrote:
> With this, do server(s) also need an upgrade?
> My  FC5 client running this (and the rest of CVS-current) seems unable to
> authenticate... (sorry, have not had time to check logs, etc.)

You need to make sure that both the auth2 and codasrv processes are the
same version. auth2 generates the new tokens, coda servers validate them.

Clients don't really notice a difference because they treat the token as
nothing more than a 56-byte binary blob which it gets from clog and then
pass it along when we try to connect to the server.