Coda File System

Re: CODA and firewalls

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 12:36:18 -0400
On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 04:44:13PM +0200, Reiner Dassing wrote:
> The firewall is very restrictive therefore I would need
> port numbers of clog resp. venus to be fixed,
> or at least in *very* small range.

There is not an easy way to set the port number for clog/cpasswd/au,
(there are more clients that communicate with auth2 than just clog).
But for the Coda client you can set the 'masquerade_port=' option in
/etc/coda/venus.conf.

However, this means that your users that end up behind a masquerading
firewall (NAT router at home or at a wireless hotspot) will not be able
to connect to your servers.