Coda File System

Re: The state of Coda

From: Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 08:30:19 -0500
As someone who's often in wd mode (and been finding problems with it
on and off since 1998!), I'm glad to hear this.  Particularly With the
0/0 "strong" mode, I see no reason not to make this change.

Currently I'm not using coda so heavily because there's a locking
problem in the NetBSD kernel code.  But, I may get around to fixing
it.  (For anyone inclined, I think it's in the VOP_LOOKUP
implementation, where there are 3 separate rules for IS_DOT,
IS_DOTDOT, and regular, and the IS_DOT* cases aren't handled right.)

Besides robustness, which is key, I think the next big thing to tackle
is paging directory info out of rvm to container files on the server;
this should remove the filesystem size limit that's now a big
problem.  Perhaps the 256k/dir limit can go as well.

--
    Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com>