Coda File System

Re: New setup questions

From: Davor Ocelic <docelic_at_hcoop.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 14:24:01 +0100
On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 00:09:47 -0500
Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu> wrote:

> > Are there some 64-bit issues or other stoppers that we could
> > get solved in that timeframe? (Possibly with some help from
> > this setup while it's in test phase.)
>
> 64-bit is definitely still an issue. At the moment a lot seems to work,
> mostly thanks to a large patch I got from Brett Lynmn which solved most
> of the really bad issues. On top of that I've managed to catch a lot of
> things that were flagged by the compiler.

Ok. By the way, the problem exists on 64bit PC/Linux, or all 64bit
architectures and OSs?

Also, what's the current state of the Coda kernel module support for
non-linux systems? (Do all of solaris, freebsd and netbsd work?)

> Since most of the remaining 64-bit problems are not always obvious, and
> I don't actually have a 64-bit machine sitting on my desk it will
> probably take a while before everything is resolved.

Right. That's about the impression I got from reading the open bug ticket
and archived ML posts.

What I was aiming at, was asking whether with the availability of my
test setup and developer accounts, we could work together to get this
fixed within the acceptable timeframe (five months from now).
I'm asking because, while I could do testing and time-consuming tasks, the
real brain would be all yours in the beginning.

Thanks,
-doc