Coda File System

Re: New installation issues

From: S. Cance <stephane.cance_at_enst-bretagne.fr>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 17:24:06 +0100
Hi,

I successfully (at last) installed a coda server on an AMD64 system.

The client (on another computer) seams to work, venus start and the
output is ok.

/coda is mounted and I can browse my empty volume.

my problem is that without authentication I can't do much on the volume
and I can't successfully authenticate

I created (in vice-setup) a user named 'admin' which should have
password 'changeme' and I haven't modified it in pdbtool.

when on the client side I try a clog admin it asks for my password and :
    - with password 'changeme', I get no output and ctokens indicates I
am not authenticated
    - with anything else, it thinks a bit and return : Invalid login
(RPC2_NOBINDING (F)).
and with another login : Invalid login (RPC2_NOTAUTHENTICATED (F)).

I tried to create another user with pdbtool but I can't log as that new
user either.

I thought au would help but it doesn't :
$ au cp
Your Vice name: admin
Your Vice password:
Erreur de segmentation

(which means segfault)

I checked on the server and netstat shows that auth2 is listening.

if anyone have an idea of what may be the problem it would be of much help.