Coda File System

Re: 64-bit Coda status

From: S. Cance <stephane.cance_at_enst-bretagne.fr>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 16:50:43 +0100
Jan Harkes wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 02:56:30PM +1030, Brett Lymn wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 11:15:54PM -0500, Jan Harkes wrote:
>>
>>> With those two bugs fixed I successfully extracted lwp/rpc2/rvm/coda
>>> tarballs, configured and built them from a 64-bit client with the volume
>>> on a 64-bit server.

I did it too, but I am unlucky with auth, clog as exactly the same
behaviour as before.
I setted up the server & the client on clean computers, I can't figure
out why clog refuses to auth me.
>> Will a 32bit client interoperate with a 64bit server?

=> tried it, don't work for now on my system, same problem from clog on
64bit client I think
> Trying it now. Reading is looking good, reintegrating a bunch of
> setattrs. Running make clean in the source trees worked. I've started a
> full build but that will take a bit longer, since I'm at home and my
> uplink is only about 384kbps. It is looking good though, in 5 minutes it
> already had lwp/rpc2/rvm built and it is building coda now.
> Reintegration is still working on pushing back the makefiles that
> configure wrote.

I'd like to help but I am running out of time, for now I will fall back
to 32bit server & client.

great work though !

--
Stephane