Coda File System

Re: adding user failed

From: <u+codalist-p4pg_at_chalmers.se>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 21:27:07 +0100
I think Jan made a very good explanation of the reasons
for path name globality.

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 02:41:14PM -0500, Jan Harkes wrote:
> I view it like locally renaming http:// to internets:// in such a way
> that from then on any link you select on a webpage, or in an email fails
> because the browser no longer understands 'http://',

Exactly.

> I guess for some systems this could be viewed as a security feature.

Honestly, I never heard of a browser implementing such a "security feature" :)
The reason is probably that roughly the same level of inconvenience
with a lot higher security improvement is achievable by blocking web
traffic at a firewall instead.

Same with Coda. It is not "for intranet only", it is like the Web.

Thanks Jan!

Rune