Coda File System

Re: Coda authentification & LDAP

From: S. Cance <stephane.cance_at_enst-bretagne.fr>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 16:33:05 +0100
thanks for all of your responses and I apologies for my late response.

In fact, I think I did understand the LDAP part but I clearly missed the
point on the Coda one.

Thanks to your explanations, I can only think of one way to use LDAP and
Coda and it would be to export LDAP users/passwords into coda database
(via pdbtool) (the passwords would be hashed). Then before negociating
anything betweed server & client, the client ask the LDAP server to hash
the password the user gave. This would work if the LDAP hash system
wasn't adding random salt.
Using this the tokens would be generated the "normal" way by the coda
normal authentication mode.

In fact I will try using Kerberos, the problem is Kerberos & LDAP are
not really easy to interface and that here, no services is now using it.

thank you again

--
Stephane