Coda File System

Re: CODA and Mac OS X

From: <u+codalist-p4pg_at_chalmers.se>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 18:46:46 +0200
Hi Stephan,

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 04:03:46PM +0200, Stephan Witoszynskyj wrote:
> I am thinking about installing CODA on a small server. Some of the clients should be Mac OS X machines (with Intel processors). Thus I am wondering if the Mac OS X port still exists and if what its status is.

There is a Coda client for MacOS X 10.3 but not for 10.4
as the kernel interfaces changed and the kernel module development
stopped at that time.

(you have looked at http://www.opendarwin.org/projects/DarwinCoda/
haven't you?)

It should not be hard to do the port now, given hopefully documentation of
the new interfaces and also the availability of OpenAFS's and Arla's modules
for MacOS, but nobody volunteered yet.

May be you could undertake the effort?

Regards,
Rune