Coda File System

Re: rpc2 check for yacc/bison

From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt_at_metux.de>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 03:22:53 +0200
* Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com> wrote:

Hi,

> Is the bug just that there wasn't a failure? Building programs
> from source on a system without bison/yacc seems like an odd
> edge case. I'd be in favor of just making configure fail if
> not found.

ACK. I'd consider bison as an part of the toolchain.
The configure script just check if the tool can be executed
and allow passing an custom pathname for it. If bison can't
be found, the script should abort.

BTW: I just checked Gentoo's ebuild - it has bison as an
explicit dependency, as it should be.

cu
	http://patches.metux.de/