Coda File System

Re: RFC: package checking via pkg-config

From: <u+codalist-p4pg_at_chalmers.se>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 09:10:58 +0200
On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 12:40:11PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> clause when it's so simple for Coda to make the exception explicit.
>
>  > The most common way to get around this is to distribute your code under
>  > the GPL with an OpenSSL exemption clause.
>
> Yes, please do that.

Do we really depend that heavy on OpenSSL to make it worth a change
in the license? That could be natural for Stunnel which is OpenSSL-based
by design, but for Coda it seems to be an overkill.

Neither is OpenSSL the only source of decent cryptographic routines,
there are several GPL-compatible (GPL-licensed) libraries there to choose from:
libgcrypt/gnutls, yassl, matrixssl.

I would instead remove the dependency on OpenSSL.

Rune