Coda File System

Re: unanswered messages

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 15:52:16 -0400
On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 07:05:26PM +0200, PROYECTO SOLIDARIO (Eric Van Buggenhaut) wrote:
> None of them was answered. I wonder if my mails didn't make it to the
> recipients of the list ? Or if the questions were so stupid they don't
> deserve a reply ? Or if the problems mentioned are too complex and no
> one is able to answer them ?

They were received and not stupid, but I figured the answers were fairly
easy to find with the search function provided on the main Coda webpage.

coda + samba, I typed 'samba' in the search box, the first hit is the
start of a thread that discusses some of the issues,

    http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/cgi-bin/htsearch?words=samba&method=and&format=builtin-long&sort=score&restrict=

For the replicated server setup, finding the right answer is a bit
harder. Partly because the initial setup was simplified in favor of
first time users, it is now considerably easier to set up a single
client and server to test the system and get used to it.

But setting up replicated servers is harder, because it does assume some
familiarity with the system. I did find the following with search, it
wasn't one of the first hits, which is why I include the direct link
to the post here.

    http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/maillists/codalist/codalist-2007/8160.html

This is a pretty good description of how to set up a triply replicated
server group/realm. One problem is that the root volume is not yet
replicated, one of the later replies in the thread covers that.