Coda File System

Re: building coda on linux2.6.19 from cvs

From: docelic <docelic_at_hcoop.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:09:49 -0400
On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 02:44:39PM +0200, Czuczy Gergely wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, first of all.
>
> I'm using this version of gcc:
> # gcc --version
> gcc (GCC) 4.0.3 (Ubuntu 4.0.3-1ubuntu5)
>
> It's a ubuntu LTS dapper, and i'm building inside a chroot where
> the kernel headers are installed.

Well, I am using Debian here with kernel 2.6.18 , and just doing

	cd linux-coda/linux2.6; make

compiles the module without a single warning or problem.

Also as we talked on IRC channel #coda (server irc.freenode.net),
I am pretty much sure I compiled the module on 2.6.19.2 too.

Maybe you're missing something obvious, I don't believe the compiler
toolchain is broken in Ubuntu, maybe it's just some small
misconfiguration that you're overlooking.

> We're using grsec patches for the kernel, if that matters.

It doesn't.

Cya,
-docelic