Coda File System

Re: building coda on linux2.6.19 from cvs

From: Czuczy Gergely <czuczy_at_publishing.hu>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:17:41 +0200
On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:09:49 -0400
docelic <docelic_at_hcoop.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 02:44:39PM +0200, Czuczy Gergely wrote:
> > Thanks for the reply, first of all.
> >
> > I'm using this version of gcc:
> > # gcc --version
> > gcc (GCC) 4.0.3 (Ubuntu 4.0.3-1ubuntu5)
> >
> > It's a ubuntu LTS dapper, and i'm building inside a chroot where
> > the kernel headers are installed.
>
> Well, I am using Debian here with kernel 2.6.18 , and just doing
>
> 	cd linux-coda/linux2.6; make
>
> compiles the module without a single warning or problem.
>
> Also as we talked on IRC channel #coda (server irc.freenode.net),
> I am pretty much sure I compiled the module on 2.6.19.2 too.
>
> Maybe you're missing something obvious, I don't believe the compiler
> toolchain is broken in Ubuntu, maybe it's just some small
> misconfiguration that you're overlooking.
Yes, but what could that be? I really don't see what am I missing.
According to google, the config.h->obsolate change took place at .19,
so building on .18 is irrelevant because of this in my case.

Do you have any ideas, what might cause this, what things should I
check?

--
Üdvözlettel,

Czuczy Gergely