Coda File System

Re: building coda on linux2.6.19 from cvs

From: docelic <docelic_at_hcoop.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 11:42:33 -0400
On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 03:29:47PM +0200, Czuczy Gergely wrote:

> > Well, in a few hours I will be at the other place where I have
> > the 2.6.19 kernel. I'll try building it again there and let you know
> > how it went.
> Could you try to get a similar environment?
>
> I've created a chroot with debootstrap, chrooted there (grsec's
> findtask is turned on), and done every building thingie there, not to
> make a trashbin of the host system

I've tried both 2.6.19.7 and 2.6.19.7-grsec (grsec patch 2.6.19.2
applies cleanly to .7), and coda module from CVS compiles without
a single problem (with grsec I only get two irrelevant warnings).

So, find the problem in your setup.

What I would do, is drop the whole chroot thing, you don't
need it anyway. Simply copy the kernel (and the .config you
generated) to any location on the real system.

Then, checkout coda to /tmp/ or whereever, cd linux2.6

and invoke:

   make KSRC=/path/to/linux-2.6.19.x

it should work.

Cya,