Coda File System

Re: venus dying with a SIGBUS

From: Brett Lymn <blymn_at_baesystems.com.au>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 22:08:07 +0930
On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 04:13:38PM +0930, Brett Lymn wrote:

> Ah, I did notice that I was running lwp-2.2 but lwp-2.3 is available
> in pkgsrc.  I will try building against that tonight.

Actually, when I looked more closely - the machine I was running the
server on was using lwp-1.xx, nearly neolithic.  It looks like the
version checks for pkgsrc are a bit too lenient.  When I rebuilt lwp
with the latest version (which is in pkgsrc, it's just that I already
had an old version installed which passed the version check) along
with everything else coda started behaving - I didn't even need the
changes I had originally made to make it build.

I am currently trying to shove a netbsd source tree into coda - when I
do this in the server it trundles along for a while but then the copy
suddenly times out, I am trying the same thing over my wireless
network to see if the throttling on the link will allow coda to keep
up with the writes. Hmmm looks like that failed too, odd

For the record, I am using a 64bit server (amd64 NetBSD) with a 32bit
client (i386 NetBSD)... it appears to be functioning at the moment...

--
Brett Lymn