Coda File System

Re: venus and freebsd -> kernel panic

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 17:31:40 -0400
On Sat, Jul 07, 2007 at 08:33:30AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>   I'm using freebsd 6.2-RELEASE-p4 and coda-client-6.1.2 installed from ports.
>
>   I run venus-setup fine. But when venus is executed, the kernel panics.
>   Is there a working version for freebsd 6.2? Is there a user level
>   client available?
>
> I suspect that the kernel venus module needs fixing.  I recently made a
> lot of changes to the kernel code in NetBSD, and it works well now
> (netbsd-4 and current).  This is going to require significant vnode clue.

Fixes for FreeBSD are already done, they just haven't been merged into
the freebsd cvs tree yet.

http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=fbsd-coda.git;a=summary

I think someone did merge another patch which breaks my patch series, so
I have to bring fbsd up in qemu to forward port the patches.