Coda File System

Re: bison now required for rpc2?

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 23:16:35 -0400
On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 08:19:31AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> if [ ! -x "$YACC" ]; then

I think I like this test best. Really we should include the generated
parser.c and lexer.c code in the distributed sources, however we can't
because the generated code seems platform specific (i.e. it required
stdint.h).

The executable test best matches intent, we want to have executable
yacc (and lex) binaries available. I might move these tests all the way
to the end, possibly even after we've created all the makefiles.
(so technically they would become warnings, but at least you get to see
all possible issues listed instead of having configure halt on a missing
lex, install lex, halt on a missing yacc, install yacc, halt on a
missing lwp, etc.