Coda File System

Re: Force writeback

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 23:36:48 -0400
On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 09:45:18PM +0200, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> my coda client seems to be is extremly slow in writing back
> new files to the server (at least this is what cfs lc seems
> to show). How can I enforce immediate writeback ?

cfs listcache just shows which files are cached. It has nothing to do
with writeback and doesn't contain any information about dirty/clean
state of objects, only if we have attributes and/or data cached.

You can force a reintegration with cfs fr (forcereintegrate) or set the
reintegration age/time values both to 0, which can easily be done by
using the 'cfs strong' alias. This causes the client to work in a
semi-synchronous mode where syscalls won't return until we've actually
at least tried to reintegrate the operation.

Not sure if it will make the actual write back any faster though,
normally records are immediately eligible for reintegration, we just
send them back in small batches.