Coda File System

Re: Repair problems

From: <u+codalist-p4pg_at_chalmers.se>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 08:26:19 +0200
Hi Martin,

On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 09:20:53PM +0200, Martin van Es wrote:
> I tried cfs flushcache, flushobject and others, but that didn't help. I
> (probably) solved the inconsistancy by (re)starting venus with -init.

It looks suspicious. You description is otherwise very good
but to be able to draw any conclusons, a full typescript would be handy,
which is too late now.

> The volume was in a very strange state btw: there were no pending changes but
> the inconsistent directory had the _localhost and [server] directory as
> normal readable entries without beginrepair and the volume was not writeable,
> but showed as read/write in cfs lv. The good client never had these entries.

Wonder if you did cfs expand?

> So, all's well that ends well but I still have never been able to do a proper
> repair. Is repair working or a tool so much in development that it isn't
> deemed to do anything at all at the moment?

Repair is working, except for a not so exactly defined set of corner cases.
One known deficiency is that combinations of local-global and global-global
conflicts have to be repared global part first, from another client.

Regards,
Rune