Coda File System

Re: cfs mkmount

From: <u+codalist-p4pg_at_chalmers.se>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 11:05:58 +0200
On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 10:48:48AM +0200, Pierre LEBRECH wrote:
> On the node on which I launched the command, I have this ls output :
>
> ############################### cut
> ?--------- ? ?    ?          ?                ? folder1
> ############################### cut

Hi Pierre,

you may try to "cfs flush" the parent directory to that new object,
(may be higher up as well?). Directory data otherwise is probably
not refreshed properly which may lead to this strangeness.

> > What was wrong in my setup to get such a behavior? How can I solve this?

Probably nothing wrong, just a corner case not yet caught in the latest
client code. There have been big changes in the semantics of disconnected
operation and some invalidations/revalidations had to be made differently.
I guess your problem is an unfortunate side effect of the changes.

Sounds like something to report to the bug tracking system.

Regards,
Rune