Coda File System

I want to remove all the volumes and restart freshly

From: Pierre LEBRECH <pierre.lebrech_at_laposte.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 18:02:33 +0200
Hello,

So, I went into trouble with replicated volumes. I decided to reset
everything and start one new root volume on my 2 CODA servers. It helps
me to learn CODA a bit more.

On the SCM, I removed /vice/db/VRList. Then, I ran this command :

# createvol_rep rootvol server1 server2

The file /vice/db/VRList has been updated with one fresh line. Seams OK
on the 2 servers.

And I tried this :

# volutil -h server1 getvolumelist

and then : volutil -h server2 getvolumelist

And I got 2 different lists! On one server (SCM) I was able to view very
very old volumes. Where does this list come from? Where is the volume ID
in this list?

So now, how I can have 2 lists that reflects the same list of volumes?

How is it possible to definitly remove old volumes?

Then, the goal is to be able to access a root volume from 2 CODA
clients, that I cannot do currently.

Thanks