Coda File System

Version Skew with kernel: Please guide

From: <dhiraj_c_at_students.iiit.ac.in>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 15:51:21 +0530 (IST)
Hello,

I am trying to install the coda client with following version

coda-client-6.0.1-1

on my system having Red Hat 7.2 with 2.4.20-8 kernel version.

When installing coda client and starting the venus i get the following error

WorkerInit: Version Skew with kernel! Get a newer kernel!
WorkerInit: Kernel version is 2

I looked into the coda mailing list and came across the following discussion.

http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/maillists/codalist/codalist-2006/7986.html
http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/maillists/codalist/codalist-2006/7987.html

http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/maillists/codalist/codalist-2003/5645.html

On the basis of this discussion i chose to download a new kernel patch and
tried to install it.

hence i downloaded the following tar file

linux-coda-6.3.tgz from /pub/coda/linux/kernel/ on the ftp

but when i try to do "make" i get compilation errors.

According to the Readme and the discussion in the mail, it seems no
configurations needs to be done for the make.

I even downloaded the linux-coda-6.1 . There was a Configure script also
in that which I tried to run and that ran successfully. But still in 6.1
also i get compilation errors also.

Hence i am not able to trace the problem.

Please guide me where am I going wrong.

with regards,
dhiraj chawla