Coda File System

Re: Aetey's Coda installers (was Re: Coda on Ubuntu 7.10, RPC2 failing)

From: Andy Valencia <ajv-eassomeyel_at_vsta.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 06:55:35 -0700 (PDT)
--------
[u+codalist-p4pg_at_chalmers.se writes:]

> Hi Andy,
>
> I think you owe me an apology.
>
> All of the Coda installers' parts are open source, including the parts
> we (Aetey) have developed from scratch.

No problem, apology offered.  In my defense, my misconception was
based on the statement:

> Again, I would suggest trying the binary installer,
> (for the moment - if your system is x86-compatible).

Which made me think "closed source".  But of course maybe you just meant
that this was what you happened to pre-build binaries for.  And when I
looked at:

    http://www.aetey.se/

I read:

>   FREE 30 days trial.
>   Monthly fee EUR 5.19 incl.VAT,

I thought you were a commercial vendor.

But if it's open source and freely usable then I've clearly come to the
wrong conclusion.  I had no intention to mis-characterise your offering.

Andy Valencia