Coda File System

Re: running a coda server from behind a NAT

From: Andy Valencia <ajv-breersenlo_at_vsta.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 10:08:34 -0700 (PDT)
--------
[Martin Wetterstedt <martin_at_wetterstedt.se> writes:]

> I wonder if someone would be helpful to outline the strategy of running
> a coda server behind a NAT (from the point of view of a coda client
> outside the NAT).

I did this using the "vtun" VPN software.  On the remote client you end
up with a tunnel network interface which gives you your path to your
home server.  It does mean you need to open a path for the TCP and UDP
ports for the vtun protocol (port 5001 in both cases, in my config) to
traverse the NAT/firewall on your server side.

Andy Valencia