Coda File System

Re: dot directories

From: <u+codalist-wk5r_at_chalmers.se>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 09:36:17 +0200
Hi Yves,

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 06:17:32PM -0600, Yves Dorfsman wrote:
> I'm running in a weird problem with directories starting with a dot. They
> seem to just disappear after a while. I haven't quite determined how long,
> or how many reboots etc... it takes, but they do disapear.
>
> Is this supposed to happen ?

I guess you mean directories on Coda.

No, this is not supposed to happen.
Possibly it is something else than Coda who eats them?

Otherwise object on Coda may seem to "disappear" after client reinit,
if the client who created them never reintegrated their creation.
This is possible for instance if there was a conflict on the volume,
which prevented reintegration. Then "cfs lv" is your friend.

Take care,
Rune