Coda File System

Re: attempting to compile linux-coda-6.8linux2.6 on redhat Enterprise 5.1

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 15:42:50 -0400
On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 01:52:09PM -0500, Shane T. Drinkwater wrote:
> Is there a way around this issue?? I would like to stick with the "red
> hat" kernel instead of rolling my own.

It it quite likely that there already is a coda kernel module that came
with your default RHEL kernel image. You can check with, /sbin/modinfo coda

The build is probably failing because they backported a change that
breaks the kernel API from the official 2.6.19 kernel. A lot of these
things can't really be tested for there is no define to test for or
anything so we basically end up relying on the version number of the
first kernel.org released Linux kernel that contained the change.

This particular change was first introduced in 2.6.19-rc1 and I guess
your RHEL kernel is based on 2.6.18, so based on the kernel version the
inode data structure should still have i_blksize.