Coda File System

A small doubt in coda replication process and file access

From: <dhiraj_c_at_students.iiit.ac.in>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 01:56:41 +0530 (IST)
Hello,

I have a small doubt regarding the replication process in coda file system.

Suppose a volume is replicated between 2 or 3 servers and is mounted on
some X number of clients. Now if these clients are accessing different
files (mainly reading) from this volume simultaneously, does only a
particular server (scm) serves these files or any of the server having the
replicated copy serves the files?

The reason I am asking this question is that I want to know that in Coda
FS is there a possibility of any server serving a replicated volume
becoming a "hotspot"? Because if the value of X is 1000 or more than the
load in a particular server will be more and it may crash due to heavy
load.

Also does Coda FS follow some kind of load-balancing policy among
replicated servers?

regards,
Dhiraj Chawla

believed to be clean.