Coda File System

endianness issues on volume dumps

From: Neil Horman <nhorman_at_tuxdriver.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 09:37:38 -0500
Hey all-
	Has anyone seen any issues with dumps created by the coda backup utility
result in dump files that have some reverse endian fields in their headers?  I'm
backing up volumes on an x86_64 machine using an x86 system, so I didn't expect
any of this, but I tried to restore a dump the other day, and it failed.  The
error message it gave, when I looked through the source, indicated that one of
the magic values at the dump header was incorrect.  Looking at it, it appeared
to be backwards.  Anywho, thought I'd ask around quick before I went digging
into it any more.

Thanks
Neil