Coda File System

codasrv dies with RVM_EIO

From: Brett Lymn <blymn_at_baesystems.com.au>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 22:12:45 +1030
I seem to have broken my coda install in an interesting way.  The
codasrv daemon is dying with a RVM_EIO error.  I bit of debugging it
appears that the function find_log() in the rvm library is returning a
NULL (entry not found on the log_root list), the log_dev passed in
looks to be the correct path but log_root appears to be a null list
for some reason and I don't know why.

The install was operating fine up until the evening when I mistyped my
token password on a client with pending integrations (my laptop - I
had done some hacking on the train home and wanted to integrate the
changes to the server).  Of course since the token did not match the
integration was not going to happen - the problem was I could not
manage to undo this error, I tried a cunlog and clog again but I still
supposedly had a bad token, I tried restarting venus but that did not
help.  In desperation I stopped and started the coda server on my home
server, at this point I believe things went bad and since this time I
have not had a functioning coda server.

I have tried re-running rvm-init to set up the RVM again but that has
made no difference.

I am running the coda server on netbsd-current on a amd64
architecture, the client (for what it is worth) is netbsd-current
running on the i386 architecture (32bit).  The setup has been running
fine for years before I fat-fingered it.  Any suggestions on what I
can do to fix this?

--
Brett Lymn
"Warning: