Coda File System

Re: Coda status quo and future

From: Jaap Winius <jwinius_at_umrk.nl>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 17:21:54 +0200
Quoting Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>:

>>    invoke-rc.d: initscript coda-update, action "start" failed.
>>    dpkg: error processing coda-update (--configure):
>>     subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 6
>
> Curious, it worked here, but I probably upgraded from 6.9.4, maybe a
> directory is missing. I'd like to know where the startup is failing,
> could you run,
>
>     sh -x /etc/init.d/coda-update start

Sorry for not answering sooner. Here's the result:

~# sh -x /etc/init.d/coda-update start
+ . /lib/lsb/init-functions
++ FANCYTTY=
++ '[' -e /etc/lsb-base-logging.sh ']'
++ true
+ subsys=coda-update
+ exec1=/usr/sbin/updatesrv
+ prog1=updatesrv
+ pid_file1=/vice/misc/updatesrv.pid
+ config=/vice/db/scm
+ exec2=/usr/sbin/updateclnt
+ prog2=updateclnt
+ pid_file2=/vice/misc/updateclnt.pid
+ lockfile=/var/lock/subsys/coda-update
+ '[' -e /etc/sysconfig/coda-update ']'
+ case "$1" in
+ checkall
+ reportstatus
+ start
+ '[' -x /usr/sbin/updatesrv -a -x /usr/sbin/updateclnt ']'
+ '[' -f /vice/db/scm ']'
+ exit 6
~# _

Hope that helps! Let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers,

Jaap