Coda File System

Re: Trouble installing 6.9.5 on Debian Lenny

From: Paulo Casanova <pcasanov_at_andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 13:40:59 +0100
Hi Jon,

I Installed coda from the repositories on a Debian Lenny (my coda
server is a Debian Lenny). Here is what I wrote on my installation
log, don't know if it helps. Note that my server is accessible both
from the LAN and from an external vpn connection so there are some
tricks to get the server to report the correct server name to
everybody. My set up isn't perfect because *on the server* (and only
on the server) I access coda using a different hostname. Don't know
exactly why but I don't care because I don't need to to that :)

This server has been up for almost 2 years now and it's holding up
pretty well. Let me know if I can help you with anything ;)

Paulo

Edit /etc/apt/sources.list and add at the end:
 deb http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/debian lenny/

# apt-get update
# apt-get install coda-server
# vice-setup:
 Do you want the file /etc/coda/server.conf created? yes
 What is the root directory for your coda server(s)? /vice
 Is this the master server, aka the SCM machine? yes
 Enter a random token for update authentication: ***
 Enter a random token for auth2 authentication : ***
 Enter a random token for volutil authentication: ***
 serverid: 1
 Enter the uid of this user: 2
 Enter the username of this user: admin
 Are you ready to set up RVM? [yes/no]: yes
 What will be your log file (or partition)? /vice/rvm
 What is your log size? 20M
 Where is your data file (or partition)? /vice/rvm_data
 What is the size of you data file ? 512M
 Proceed, and wipe out old data? y
 Where shall we store your file data? /vice/vicepa
 Shall I set up a vicetab entry for /vice/vicepa? y
 Select the maximum number of files for the server 16M
 Shall I try to get things started? y

# apt-get install coda-client

Remove "127.0.0.1 SERVER_NAME..." from /etc/hosts

Ensure that in the /vice/db/servers only one line exists mapping
SERVER_FULL_NAME to 1.

# /etc/init.d/codasrv.init start
# /etc/init.d/auth2.init start
# /etc/init.d/coda-update start
# /etc/init.d/coda-client start

# createvol_rep / SERVER_FULL_NAME
 Do you wish this volume to be Backed Up? n

# /etc/init.d/codasrv.init stop
# /etc/init.d/auth2.init stop
# /etc/init.d/coda-update stop
# /etc/init.d/coda-client stop
# /etc/init.d/codasrv.init start
# /etc/init.d/auth2.init start
# /etc/init.d/coda-update start
# /etc/init.d/coda-client start

# pdbtool
pdbtool> nu ***
pdbtool> ag -1 ***
pdbtool> exit

Change /vice/hostname to "PUBLIC_SERVER_FULL_NAME"