Coda File System

Re: Mac OS X Client status

From: <u-codalist-s7mc_at_aetey.se>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 15:43:53 +0100
Hi Piotr,

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 12:13:35PM +0100, Piotr Isajew wrote:
> I'm going to get back to using coda after about 10-years
> break :) I'm specially interested in accessing it from Mac OS X
> 10.6 clients. Could someone update me about the current status of
> this?

Your best bet would be fixing Userland-only Coda which worked
but was never reached a release.

> I googled around for a while and it seems that DarwinCoda project
> is dead. I found a mirror (?) for it's web page but have no idea
> where to get sources from.

Sources are available but Apple has changed a lot in the kernel since the
time when that code was suitable. If you are interested in reviving that
effort, we can try to ask the author if he can give you any extra advices.

> Last post (~2007) on this list mentions that kernel extension
> needs to be ported from 10.3 to higher versions. Is that still
> true?

Yes. I'd suggest rather fix/use the userland solution.

Regards,
Rune