Coda File System

Re: Coda on NetBSD

From: <u-codalist-tccc_at_aetey.se>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 09:02:43 +0100
Hello Brett,

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 10:02:50AM +1030, Brett Lymn wrote:
> I was sort of hoping the pwd fix would help this because it was not
> really a specific pwd problem.  I guess my hope was in vain.  It would
> help greatly if you can give myself/Greg a couple of simple test cases
> that show the problems so we can track down what is going wrong.

I'll try to produce a crashing case but actually we already have a simple
case of a faulty kernel code. I mean the directories which are not being
read properly. Linux-ABI complicates the matter as it has apparently a
different directory parsing code, but one of the code paths might cause
the crashes.

Well, we can already assume that it is the Linux-ABI operations which
trigger the crash. My scripts do not run local binaries and I do not
have *BSD binaries on Coda yet.

Would you take a look at readdir()/getdents(), [both the native and]
Linux-ABI one and see if that code might crash? Actually directory reading
has to be fixed anyway and possibly the change might eliminate
the crashes.

For an actual crashing case you may run the same application as I did
and watch the crash, it is as simple as clog and one shell command.

Regards,
Rune