Coda File System

any FreeBSD users here?

From: <u-codalist-rcma_at_aetey.se>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 09:45:57 +0000
Hi,

I discovered that kernel sys/fs/coda directory in the head svn branch
of FreeBSD is absent.

Coda kernel support has been broken in FreeBSD 9 and now when I check
CURRENT to see if any progress happened, I discover quite the opposite.

Anybody here who may help with talking to right persons in the FreeBSD
camp, for cooperation concerning Coda presence and fixes?

FreeBSD is the only platform which used to give access to both of the
("properly thought out") local/networked file technologies: ZFS and
Coda. Now it looks like there might be no way of using these om the same
computer?

(Even given a future hypothetical fuse-based Coda, the current module
is more efficient than fuse would be expected to)

As a last resort, anybody who can help updating
 http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=fbsd-coda.git
to a working state compatible with FreeBSD 9?

Any help or suggestions are highly appreciated.

(otherwise I would love and prefer to see mature ZFS on NetBSD where
we have Coda but it looks like a much higher complexity level...)

Regards,
Rune