Coda File System

updated directories being removed from client cache

From: Brett Lymn <blymn_at_internode.on.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 21:51:46 +1030
I am running coda on a recent NetBSD-current which seems to be running
fine (a previous rvm problem seems to have vanished with the update
which is good).  There are a couple of quirks:

1) vi always claims that the file on disk is newer than the edited
buffer.  I suspect this is a stat(2) problem (possibly related to time_t
being extended) which I will dig into.

2) I have noticed that modified directories disappear out of my client
cache after the changes have been integrated.  I can easily bring them
back in by accessing the directories in connected mode - I can see a
fetch of the affected directory happen in codacon when I do this.  It is
just a bit annoying is all - I effectively have to hoard the modified
directories otherwise when I go disconnected mode they are not
available.  This didn't happen in the past but I am not sure where to
look for this one - I am guessing venus but I am not 100% sure.

--
Brett Lymn
Staple Guns: because duct tape doesn't make that KerCHUNK sound - xkcd.com