Coda File System

Re: Coda development roadmap

From: Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 09:20:17 -0400
u-codalist-z149_at_aetey.se writes:

> There are Debian packages from the CMU team (dated 2010)
> but they do not include the modular clog part.
>
> My opinion is that it is a strenuous task to package according
> to different ditro's preferences (many moving targets at once).

I have not found coda to be that hard to package.  In pkgsrc, there are
separate packages for lwp, rpc2, rvm and coda.  Each builds
straightforwardly.  The kernel support is in the NetBSD base system.

> Coda makes also the distros much less necessary in general.
> (We at Aetey are trying to make the world notice that it indeed does! :)

That seems like an overly broad claim.  What's fair is that you have an
alternative packaging/distribution scheme that uses coda.  But someone
that is using a conventional system and wants to use coda needs coda
packages.

And presumably you have to start with a system that can run coda, which
is either a normal packaging system or an equivalent to a packaging
system that you created yourself.

So while I think what you are doing with software distribution is cool,
I think we still need packages.

Has anyone gotten coda to run on android?