Coda File System

Re: Coda development roadmap

From: Andrew Deason <adeason_at_sinenomine.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 13:07:22 -0500
On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 15:19:01 +0200
<u-codalist-z149_at_aetey.se> wrote:

> - mountpoints are to contain a list of serverids (representing the VSG)
>   and a volume id, iow no longer involving the Coda servers in the
>   resolution of a mount point (this implies a possibility to create
>   inconsistent mount points, which otoh doesn't look too dangerous)

I'm a bit confused by this one. Would this mean you cannot move volumes
to different servers? Since, if you changed what serverid(s) a volume
was on, you'd need to go through every mountpoint referencing it to
change the list of server ids.

(I have very little familiarity with Coda and I'm not spending a
terribly large amount of time reading this, so sorry if this was
addressed elsewhere or is otherwise a dumb question :)

--
Andrew Deason
adeason_at_sinenomine.net