Coda File System

Re: FUSE, again

From: Mahadev Satyanarayanan <satya_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 17:22:24 -0500
"Ask and thou shalt receive" :-)

We have been working on a FUSE-based mechanism for Coda, and should
have a release in the near future.  There is a noticeable performance cost
relative to using a kernel module, so I see the kernel module as continuing
to be very valuable well into the future.   That said, having FUSE as a way
to get going quickly on a platform if you don't have a kernel module is valuable.
Jan can give more details on the implementation and comment on when
a release might be available.  Maybe in time for Santa's visit :-)

   ---- Satya