Coda File System

OpenISR 0.8.3 released

From: Matthew Toups <mtoups_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 18:19:36 -0400 (EDT)
Hello OpenISR community members,

Today we are announcing release 0.8.3 of the OpenISR platform.  The
relevant part of the CHANGES file is included below.

The source code is available from here:
http://isr.cmu.edu/software/openisr-0.8.3.tar.gz
(the OpenISR website will have an updated GPG sig and md5 sum shortly)

Those of you using Debian/Ubuntu systems can upgrade using "apt-get update
&& apt-get dist-upgrade" (check the downloads section of the website if
you need the correct line for your /etc/apt/sources.list)

Packages for the various Fedora linux systems will be posted soon as well.

The deadlock fix should be beneficial to all users, so we recommend you
upgrade at your convenience.  Please contact me if you have questions or
need assistance.

-Matt

====== 0.8.3

- Fix deadlock under high I/O load with large guest memory image
- Fix kernel oops occurring with some kernel builds (e.g. Fedora Core 5) after
   Nexus block device shutdown.  As a side effect, Nexus is no longer unloadable
   on 2.6.10 and 2.6.11.
- Fix hang of "isr" command on 32-bit Ubuntu 7.04 systems
- Add support for kernels 2.6.21 and 2.6.22
- Improve performance of client commit phase of "isr checkin"
- Automatically load the loop driver at boot
- Packaging updates
- Minor fixes