Coda File System

OpenISR 0.8.x EOL: April 30, 2008

From: Matt Toups <mtoups_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 15:47:02 -0400 (EDT)
OpenISR Users,

Thanks to everyone who worked with us to migrate from OpenISR 0.8.x to
0.9.x and for putting up with the server-side changes needed.  Almost all
users have done this.

We are planning to retire the server which handles requests from 0.8.x
clients (isrserver09.isr.cmu.edu).  It will be available until April 30,
2008, so that will effectively be the end-of-life for the 0.8.x series of
OpenISR.  You will not be able to use 0.8.x clients after this date, so if
you have parcels that have not yet been converted, please let us know
before that date.

We will be archiving the old data so it won't be gone forever, but it will
not be available to clients any longer.  Thanks to everyone who used 0.8.x
and provided feedback.  We expect a better user experience with 0.9.x,
thanks in part to this feedback.

Matt