Coda File System

ISR Server Downtime: Friday morning

From: Matt Toups <mtoups_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 14:50:33 -0400 (EDT)
Hello ISR Users,

This Friday, March 14th, the ISR servers need to be moved to a different
rack.  So, they will be unavailable starting at 6:30 AM, likely for most
of the morning.  (The folks that manage the machine room in Cyert Hall
A100 need to do this for maintenance.)

Your ISR Client systems will not be able to check out parcels or fetch
uncached blocks during this time.  However, you can continue to use a
checked out ISR parcel if you hoard in advance.  So if you plan to use an
ISR parcel on Friday morning, leave it checked out Thursday evening and
run "isr hoard <parcelname>."

The isr.cmu.edu website will also be unavailable during this time, so your
"apt-get update" command may time out if you have the ISR repository in
your sources.list.

I'll let you know if anything changes with this.

Thanks,
Matt

ps - While I have your attention, I'd like to remind folks that we do
intend to retire the server for the 0.8.x clients, so if you are still
using the old version, talk to us about upgrading!  (Most users have done
this by now.)